User Guide & FAQ
SNIPES is a set of interactive targets to connect your hockey net. Train your shooting accuracy, power and reaction time and track your progression! Snipes can be used standalone with our 4 preloaded game modes, or in tandem with our mobile app to unlock all functionalities. Within the app are multiple game modes, scorekeeping functions and in future updates will include online capabilities to play against your friends and opponents from around the world.
1Attaching and removing
battery cases from targets
- Side case in (buttons on the bottom)
- Screw in set screw (allan key if needed)
- Remove to charge Watch video
2Attaching Snipes to Net
- Choose where you want the targets vertically
- Side 1:Wrap around the post and clip back onto the lace
- Side 2:Wrap around post and hook onto hockey net (ensure the lace has tension)
- Slide target to where you want horizontally Watch video
1Without The App
- Power on all Snipes Deveices (they will start flashing green)
- Tap one device (it will ture light blue) and wait. The other devices will connect to this one. Once they are finished, they will turn light blue which signifies Menu Mode
- Menu Mode: There are four game modes represented by a different light. Tap the target corresponding to the game you wish to play.
- Single light: Classic Mode - Single Player - No time limit, simply hit the target that's lit up
- Single Light Flashing: React Mode - Single Player; No time limit, hit the target as fast as you can after it lights up
- Two Solid Lights: 2 Player Classic: 30 seconds, one player shoots for green, the other for blue. Highest score wins.
- Two Flashing Lights: 2 Player React: One player shoots for green, the other for blue. First player to hit their color wins one point. First player to 5 points wins the game. Watch video
2With The App
- Power on all Snipes Devices (they will flash green)
- Open the Bolt Sports App, navigate to ‘Settings 🠒 Connect Devices’ and press scan
- All Snipes devices that are powered on nearby will appear, you can click on them one by one to connect or press “Connect All” All Snipes devices that are powered on nearby will appear, you can click on them one by one to connect or press “Connect All”
- Now you’re all set! Navigate back to the home screen and start firing Watch video
1Setting Up Bolt Phone Stand
- Extend to full length and open tri-pod. If the tri-pod does not sit properly on the ground, you can adjust as shown in the video.
- Open the top of the stand and slide your phone in.
- Detach the remote and connect to your phone via bluetooth. This will act as the button to start and stop your video. It's possible the battery was not inserted during shipping, so you may need to open the remote and insert as seen in the video. Watch video
1Adjusting the sensitivity of Snipes Devices
- Connect devices to app and navigate to 'Settings -> Device Sensitivity'
- Slide the bar towards 1, click "Apply -> Confirm" to make more sensitive (easier to hit)
- Stide the bar towards 10, click "Apply -> Confirm" to make less sensitive (harder to hit)
- If adjusting sensitivity of just one device, deselect "For All". The device you are adjusting will light up red
- If adjusting sensitivity of all devices, ensure "For All" is selected Watch video
Navigate to Settings > Menu > Device Sensitivity in the Bolt Sports App. Adjust the sensitivity towards 1 for either a single target, or all targets that are connected to the app.
Navigate to Settings->Menu->Device Sensitivity in the Bolt Sports App. Adjust the sensitivity towards 10 for either a single target, or all targets that are connected to the app.
First, ensure your mobile device’s Bluetooth is turned on, press ‘connect’ on the home screen of the Bolt App, then click ‘scan’. If this does not work, ensure Bluetooth and permissions are enabled for the app.
If you have tapped one of the devices after turning it on, it will turn light blue, signifying to all the targets that you wish to play without the mobile app. In that case Snipes will not connect with your phone unless all Snipes targets are turned off and back on. To make sure you’re setting up correctly, check out the tutorial for how to connect your phone to Snipes in the user guide section.
*link to correct part of user guide*
No problem! Slide it back in and ensure the set screw is screwed in all the way. If the frame that holds the case is loose, simply tighten the screws up again.
That’s what we like to hear, now go do it in a game!